Another short post with a super simple, super cheap, and super quick Korean recipe for all my fellow broke students out there! When I used to live with my parents, my mum used to always make lunch for us when we got back from school (for some reason, I never did like school lunches). One of my favourites (and hers too, since it is so easy) was 계란밥, or egg rice.
There are two ways of cooking it; the first is with sesame oil, and the second is with butter, or margarine. I prefer mine with margarine, since it is a more rich flavour (in my opinion), but both are delicious.
Things You Will Need:
- White rice
- Soy sauce
- Sesame oil OR margarine
- Opt. roasted sesame seeds
- Cook white rice.
- Fry your eggs. Make sure they are just a little bit runny!
- Chop your eggs into little bits with a spoon.
- Add your cooked rice to the chopped up eggs.
- Add 1 large spoon of sesame oil OR 1 chunk of margarine.
- Add 1 large spoon of soy sauce.
- If you added sesame oil, add some roasted sesame seeds.
- Mix it all up, and eat!
Om nom nom 🙂